From So CA

Bukin 67

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
Hey all. I'm a long time early Bronco owner/enthusiast. I own '67 which I race at the NORRA Mexican 500 & 1000 in Baja as well as a '66 I am team driver for. We also race some BITD events. I've also owned a '91.
I had an early reservation (7/14/20) for a Wildtrak that never got built, so I got the email offering the Braptor upgrade followed by the Golden Ticket email.
I hope this process goes smoother than the 6G!

Attachments

• Broncos.jpg
    Broncos.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 188

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hey all. I'm a long time early Bronco owner/enthusiast. I own '67 which I race at the NORRA Mexican 500 & 1000 in Baja as well as a '66 I am team driver for. We also race some BITD events. I've also owned a '91.
I had an early reservation (7/14/20) for a Wildtrak that never got built, so I got the email offering the Braptor upgrade followed by the Golden Ticket email.

So you are our first Golden Ticket member! Nice! How did you find us here?

You need to show off more pics of those older Broncos!

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
Thanks! I've got plenty of pics that's for sure. I will have more race pics after May when we race the NORRA Mexican 1000 again. Ensenada to Cabo. 1000 miles and 1000 smiles!
I think I'm feeling the Golden Guilt! I wasn't even sure I wanted to change my order from a Wildtrak to a Braptor until I saw one :love:
I'll keep you posted!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Thanks! I've got plenty of pics that's for sure. I will have more race pics after May when we race the NORRA Mexican 1000 again. Ensenada to Cabo. 1000 miles and 1000 smiles!
I think I'm feeling the Golden Guilt! I wasn't even sure I wanted to change my order from a Wildtrak to a Braptor until I saw one :love:
I'll keep you posted!

You glad you did

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! That’s pretty cool that you race those. How long you been racing?

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! That’s pretty cool that you race those. How long you been racing?
I set up my Bronco up to race in '13. I raced other classes for about 10 years prior to that. I last raced mine in 2017. I now drive for Gaucho Mark's Racing, a 1966 Bronco with a Ford Racing 427 stroker, aluminum block with over 500 hp.

Attachments

• 2019 NORRA 500 Tech.jpg
    2019 NORRA 500 Tech.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 130
  • 2021 NORRA 1000.1.jpeg
    2021 NORRA 1000.1.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 2021 NORRA 1000.jpeg
    2021 NORRA 1000.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 112

TRW22

Reaction score
I set up my Bronco up to race in '13. I raced other classes for about 10 years prior to that. I last raced mine in 2017. I now drive for Gaucho Mark's Racing, a 1966 Bronco with a Ford Racing 427 stroker, aluminum block with over 500 hp.

That is awesome. Congrats on all of that. Most have been a blast and I bet still is!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Thanks, it is! The 1000 is coming up fast in April. Ensenada to Cabo!🏁

So I see you are in Southern Cal, San Diego area? How do you travel down to the races? Take both of your Broncos down in a big covered trailer? Got pics of this setup. :)

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
So I see you are in Southern Cal, San Diego area? How do you travel down to the races? Take both of your Broncos down in a big covered trailer? Got pics of this setup. :)
I'm about 2 hours north of the border in Rancho Cucamonga. We're a small home-grown team with no sponsorships. The team owner likes it that way so we can march to our own tune, so to speak. Most of our team is here in So CA. One co-driver came from Indy and the owner of the '66, Mark, lives in Chico, CA.
Mark was originally one of my team's co-drivers. in 2018 he said he wanted to build an Early Bronco racer and asked me if I would drive it, so I don't even race my '67 anymore. I've owned it for about 25 years and will be selling it as soon as I get the BRaptor. I'm an old fart now 😁 and retired. We'll race this year then hang it up and just do adventure runs. We have a lot of knowledge when it comes to traveling the Baja peninsula and I spend a lot of time there. I even carry a separate annual auto policy so I can go whenever and for however long I want. I also love taking my '67 on long runs in the desert southwest. CA, AZ, UT & NV.

Here's a couple pics from racing.

Our Team for the 2016 NORRA 1000.jpg
Bukin67-RandyLudwig-01.jpg
Trailerd up Heading Home 2016.jpg

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm about 2 hours north of the border in Rancho Cucamonga. We're a small home-grown team with no sponsorships. The team owner likes it that way so we can march to our own tune, so to speak. Most of our team is here in So CA. One co-driver came from Indy and the owner of the '66, Mark, lives in Chico, CA.
Mark was originally one of my team's co-drivers. in 2018 he said he wanted to build an Early Bronco racer and asked me if I would drive it, so I don't even race my '67 anymore. I've owned it for about 25 years and will be selling it as soon as I get the BRaptor. I'm an old fart now 😁 and retired. We'll race this year then hang it up and just do adventure runs. We have a lot of knowledge when it comes to traveling the Baja peninsula and I spend a lot of time there. I even carry a separate annual auto policy so I can go whenever and for however long I want. I also love taking my '67 on long runs in the desert southwest. CA, AZ, UT & NV.

Here's a couple pics from racing.

View attachment 411View attachment 412View attachment 413

Pretty cool. So the yellow one is the one you owned for 25 years? So did you document your build on it? Took lots of pics? If so, that would be so damn cool to see it.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Yes the yellow '67 is mine. 25 years of pics! A lot of them are on ClassicBroncos.com under the same screen name.

Cool, not willing to post some up here though? In a build thread somewhere. :)

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
Cool, not willing to post some up here though? In a build thread somewhere. :)
Yes I can surely do that. Just need spare time! I've got pics stashed in files that I haven't been into for many years. One rainy day I'll have to organize all that.

LuckyKnuckle36

Reaction score
Awesome man and welcome to the Forum. I hope you get your hands on one! Love the early Bronco's and to have raced them that is just cool as hell. Fingers crossed for you on the golden ticket bud. Pick a stand up dealer that won't jack you on ADMs...