Did the Ford Bronco Raptor have a good finish at the Baja 1000? How about finishing in 1st!?!

1701099842139.png

As Ford Authority reported earlier this month, The Blue Oval was set to compete at the 2023 Baja Score 1000 this past weekend with not just one, but two different models – the Ford F-150 Raptor R in the Stock Full class and the Ford Bronco Raptor in the Stock Mid-Size division. When the dust settled, that effort paid off in a big way for FoMoCo, as the Ford Bronco Raptor managed to bring home a first-place finish in the iconic off-road race.

1701099964074.png

In a race filled with pitfalls for every team thanks to a steady rain and poor visibility, the Ford Bronco Raptor managed to secure a win in the Stock Mid-Size class after covering 1,200 miles up the Baja Mexico peninsula from La Paz to Ensenada. The Bronco Raptor crossed the finish line with an unofficial time of 40:37:47.820, an impressive feat given the fact that the rugged SUV is largely stock, save for the addition of necessary safety equipment and select performance modifications that meet SCORE stock class regulations.

1701100389055.png

“I am very proud to be here in Ensenada,” said Brad Lovell, team principal for the Ford Performance Baja 1000 program. “It’s been a shared goal for over a year between Lovell Racing and Ford Performance to get here. There is so much camaraderie and teamwork – with other teams that have been my competitors, my friends, and my teammates to get the vehicles here. It’s certainly not an easy task. The level of preparation, work, and planning for unexpected circumstances that goes into a 1,200-mile point-to-point race is daunting. Today, I feel so much relief that the plan worked out, and overall, have pride in the vehicles in that we had the chance to show what the Raptor brand is capable of.”

1701100466908.png

“Ford is a family company with not only a goal to win, but to also further develop our street Raptors for customers around the world to enjoy,” said Mark Rushbrook, global director, Ford Performance Motorsports. “The Baja 1000 not only served as a testament to all the hard work from people on the ground and those in Dearborn, Michigan, but this event also emphasizes our continued global commitment to the sport and making better products for our customers.”

Article courtesy of FordAuthority.com