Ford Build week scheduling for 4/18

1650044278130.png

Also heard that Ford will be building Bronco Raptors for 8 weeks, till August.

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Yes sir thats the plan. and you?
Unfortunately it’s a no go for me right now. Put in my build and didn’t get picked for a Golden Ticket. Then tried to be a hand raiser and that was also a no go. Definitely going to get one, but it’s just a matter of when. Glad it’s working out for you. I don’t mind living vicariously through other members for now 😁

Hoff17

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
My dealer just told me that my build is in June. .....Yippeeeee!

It doesn't show up online yet, but I'll take the good news.... It is starting to feel real! Looks like I might get a BR close to two years after my 7/14/20 reservation.

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
My dealer just told me that my build is in June. .....Yippeeeee!

It doesn't show up online yet, but I'll take the good news.... It is starting to feel real! Looks like I might get a BR close to two years after my 7/14/20 reservation.
Heck yaaa!! June will be here before we know it and will be able to finally be the real deal

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Just found this crap, I'm about to just say screw it and pursue a '23 Z06 if this turns into a continuation of the Wildtrak waiting game. I'll flip the Raptor some day if I get it and pocket the profit.

The dealer allocation formula for the 2022 model year Bronco will be as follows:
  • 50% Overall Ford sales history for past 3 years
  • 25% 2021 Bronco allocations
  • 25% Bronco Sport % sales last year

What does this mean?

CVSJR

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
Small dealers may only get 1 Bronco Raptor for 2022 model year.
I am the only Bronco Raptor allocation at my dealer, Ford says they will produce all allocated MY 2022 Raptors before switching to MY2023 at the end of the summer. So even if I'm last on the list I'll get by Fall this year.

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I am the only Bronco Raptor allocation at my dealer, Ford says they will produce all allocated MY 2022 Raptors before switching to MY2023 at the end of the summer. So even if I'm last on the list I'll get by Fall this year.
That’s pretty sweet to know it’s a for sure thing

Hoff17

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
I verified my order using the backdoor site. I am not sure why it doesn't show up in the 'front door'. I have a w/o 6/6 build date! It's official! ...Now I can get excited!

My dealer is strictly MSRP, even with the BR...

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score

Hope so. Has there been any announcements of delays yet?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It means your place in line depends more on your dealer's sales performance.

Crap. I am still in the dark with my order. I just need to squeeze out the order number from my buddy so I can keep an eye on it through the back door link.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I verified my order using the backdoor site. I am not sure why it doesn't show up in the 'front door'. I have a w/o 6/6 build date! It's official! ...Now I can get excited!

My dealer is strictly MSRP, even with the BR...

Congrats!

CVSJR

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
Sounds like most people with a build date got rescheduled a week later, I wonder if it's due to parts or adjusting the production line.

Johnny Mo

Reaction score
I posted this over on 6G:
I think it makes sense - hopefully you all do as well.

I'm not scheduled, 8/6/2020 Resv.

Here's my take on what's happening with the schedule:
1) Clearly there are several thousand Bronc on the mountain that need to be finished and delivered
2) The introduction of Raptor builds have to be factored in to the line.
3) There was an unannounced scheduling of Raptors last week for the same build weeks (May and June) of other trim levels being scheduled now (in the announced week)
4) Dealer allocations seemed higher than the past for this run

The big question (formula) Ford is trying to answer right now is - how do we maximize delivery, while maintaining high production capacity and having net negative contribution to ice mountain (meaning lets finish/deliver more ice mountain vehicles than we add back coming off the line due to chip constraints)

To me - this says that Ford is trying to sort out the ice mountain completions and then fill in as many Raptor (still early resv holders) builds as possible and then scheduling a 3 week block of all other Bronco builds into that same set of weeks - I think they will assess their formula and see if they did in fact move more vehicles off ice mountain than add back off the line and then adjust the next few weeks of scheduling based on replenished parts to fulfill the next build weeks.

I'd expect another set of Raptors scheduled and then another BIG bunch of Broncos from first 2-3 weeks of reservations.

Just my educated guess - as a process engineer - this is how I'd likely handle this (obviously there are way more unknowns than I have access to, but this seems reasonable in my head.)

Rick

Reaction score
I posted this over on 6G:
I think it makes sense - hopefully you all do as well.

I'm not scheduled, 8/6/2020 Resv.

Here's my take on what's happening with the schedule:
1) Clearly there are several thousand Bronc on the mountain that need to be finished and delivered
2) The introduction of Raptor builds have to be factored in to the line.
3) There was an unannounced scheduling of Raptors last week for the same build weeks (May and June) of other trim levels being scheduled now (in the announced week)
4) Dealer allocations seemed higher than the past for this run

The big question (formula) Ford is trying to answer right now is - how do we maximize delivery, while maintaining high production capacity and having net negative contribution to ice mountain (meaning lets finish/deliver more ice mountain vehicles than we add back coming off the line due to chip constraints)

To me - this says that Ford is trying to sort out the ice mountain completions and then fill in as many Raptor (still early resv holders) builds as possible and then scheduling a 3 week block of all other Bronco builds into that same set of weeks - I think they will assess their formula and see if they did in fact move more vehicles off ice mountain than add back off the line and then adjust the next few weeks of scheduling based on replenished parts to fulfill the next build weeks.

I'd expect another set of Raptors scheduled and then another BIG bunch of Broncos from first 2-3 weeks of reservations.

Just my educated guess - as a process engineer - this is how I'd likely handle this (obviously there are way more unknowns than I have access to, but this seems reasonable in my head.)
Makes sense. Of course passing on increases in production cost is probably factored in there somewhere.

Members online

No members online now.