2022 Ford Bronco Raptor Is Already Sold Out!

Backend BRap Red.jpg

You'll have to wait until next year if you didn't act quickly enough.

Ford is on somewhat of a hot streak lately. People can't seem to get enough of the Blue Oval's products, with popular vehicles like the Mustang Mach-E already sold out for 2022. It's a similar story with the Maverick, so it comes as no surprise that the all-new 2022 Bronco Raptor is following in its siblings' footsteps.
Sources close to the matter have said that the range-topping Bronco is no longer available to order for the 2022 model year. Deemed a specialty vehicle, Dearborn has decided to limit production of the Raptor in its debut year. A leaked dealer document uncovered in February explained the "Hand Raiser" program would be utilized for Bronco Raptor orders.

Green BRap Sand Peel out.jpg

When order books opened, existing Bronco reservation- and order-holders were able to change to a Raptor order. Specific customers also received a message from Ford informing them that they've been selected to order a Bronco Raptor. Getting your hands on the 'Braptor' appears to have been a particularly challenging task and, sadly, many would-be owners will have to wait until the 2023 model hits the scene.
In April, the first Raptor went up for auction and commanded an impressive $350,000, with the proceeds going to charity. Thankfully, regular customers won't have to fork out that much money; the Bronco Raptor starts at $68,500, cheaper than the F-150 Raptor ($69,905) and the Wrangler Rubicon 392 ($79,990).

BRap Wheels.jpg

As a reminder, the Bronco Raptor is powered by a twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 with 418 horsepower and 448 lb-ft of torque. All this motivation is sent to the wheels via a ten-speed automatic transmission. Of course, the Raptor isn't just about impressive numbers. There's some serious off-road trickery hidden beneath the muscular styling.
The Raptor is a different beast compared to lesser Bronco models. Wheel travel, for example, has been increased by 60% at the front and 40% at the rear. Chunky 37-inch BF Goodrich all-terrain tires will certainly aid the Raptor on harsh surfaces, along with the towering 13.1 inches of ground clearance.

There's no word as to when Ford will open orders for the 2023 model, but we expect them to do so shortly. After all, demand for the hardcore Bronco is strong and the last thing the Blue Oval needs is customers defecting to the Wrangler 392.

JOPO

Reaction score
You guys and gals on this Bronco site know more than I do so I’m throwing out the a few questions. Do you think this means so I already have a dealership allocation and should be fine?
And is this 2022 Raptor going to be a special limited edition? Heck I think I’m or we’re all at the mercy of Ford if it gets built this year and delivered.

Last edited:

raptorusmaximus

Reaction score
if you have a 2022 dealer allocation you should be fine as long as the order in your name was 'accepted" by ford. But honestly who knows... as for special addition.....its a 2022, that's about it.

SteelBronco

Reaction score
I'm pulling my hair out!!! I don't know!!! I still don't have a scheduled build date for my Bronco Raptor and my dealer says patience it's coming.
Now these wheels are supposed to be the hold up!!! (Insert grown man crying and waiting since July 2020 for any Bronco) I can't take it...sniff sniff.

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm pulling my hair out!!! I don't know!!! I still don't have a scheduled build date for my Bronco Raptor and my dealer says patience it's coming.
Now these wheels are supposed to be the hold up!!! (Insert grown man crying and waiting since July 2020 for any Bronco) I can't take it...sniff sniff.
This is getting ridiculous. Shortages on everything!!

LuckyKnuckle36

Reaction score
You guys and gals on this Bronco site know more than I do so I’m throwing out the a few questions. Do you think this means so I already have a dealership allocation and should be fine?
And is this 2022 Raptor going to be a special limited edition? Heck I think I’m or we’re all at the mercy of Ford if it gets built this year and delivered
If you have/get a VIN you should be good. Allocation is key but with the commodity constraints we have seen some "allocations" not fullfilled on the FRaptor so assume same here. The MoCO is building the allocated ones with the options they can produce...

Derrick

Reaction score
So I found local dealer here in Canada that had a allocation and put a deposit on it. I am trading in my 21 F150 Raptor and now waiting for confirmation from Ford before I go forward. Friends that work at Ford say if they had a allocation you are good to go. The dealer also offered if 23 orders open and has some better options I can jump on that at the time and for a price I am sure.
So the waiting game begins .
Any ideas what they might offer on a 23?