New BRaptor Needs Repair

DEBO294

Reaction score
Driving on the parkway, I hit a small bump and a bunch of warning lights lit up my dash like a Christmas tree and a bunch of warning beeps, as well. Specifically, these 5:
Parking assist failure

Pre collision assist not available

ABS fault

Service Advance Trac

Hill Start Assist not available

In addition, a bunch of different things are inoperable:
Trail turn assist inoperable

Sta bar disconnect inoperable

GOAT modes inoperable

My mode inoperable

Suspension damper modes inoperable

Steering modes inoperable

Turns out, after a bunch of research and realizing something could’ve come loose, I traced the wheel speed sensor wires for all 4 wheels, since that seemed like the most likely offender. I’m posting pics of what happened, but it seems that the wire leading to the wheel speed sensor on the front passenger wheel either was out of the retaining clip or came out of the retaining clip and wore through! Yes, it needs to be replaced. I hope the BRaptor shares the same wire with other vehicles. Appt on Tuesday at the dealer. I’ll post an update when I have one… The first pic is how I found it, the second is after feeling behind it. I knew immediately I was screwed.

Attachments

• 0004495D-01D3-43F3-B5DE-3291D9A5E105.jpeg
    0004495D-01D3-43F3-B5DE-3291D9A5E105.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 172
  • 24AA5C76-7495-4878-B074-EACAEACDEA12.jpeg
    24AA5C76-7495-4878-B074-EACAEACDEA12.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 117

Johnny Raptor

Reaction score
That stinks! Same thing happened to one of the Raptors on the EXO Baja run in April. He had a hard hit and the front passenger sensor wires were severed. The EXO crew was able to splice the wires back together and fix the problem until he could get back to the US and get a new one.

OP
OP
DEBO294

DEBO294

Reaction score
UPDATE:
Just got back from my local dealer. Wheel speed sensor wire on order, said by tomorrow, expect a call in the next couple of days to get it in to be fixed! Whew! I was hoping it wasn’t going to be a long time, but that delivery time is great! Local Ford dealer is Ford of Port Jeff, formerly Ramp Ford in Port Jefferson Station, Long Island, NY

M.E.144

Reaction score
Driving on the parkway, I hit a small bump and a bunch of warning lights lit up my dash like a Christmas tree and a bunch of warning beeps, as well. Specifically, these 5:
Parking assist failure

Pre collision assist not available

ABS fault

Service Advance Trac

Hill Start Assist not available

In addition, a bunch of different things are inoperable:
Trail turn assist inoperable

Sta bar disconnect inoperable

GOAT modes inoperable

My mode inoperable

Suspension damper modes inoperable

Steering modes inoperable

Turns out, after a bunch of research and realizing something could’ve come loose, I traced the wheel speed sensor wires for all 4 wheels, since that seemed like the most likely offender. I’m posting pics of what happened, but it seems that the wire leading to the wheel speed sensor on the front passenger wheel either was out of the retaining clip or came out of the retaining clip and wore through! Yes, it needs to be replaced. I hope the BRaptor shares the same wire with other vehicles. Appt on Tuesday at the dealer. I’ll post an update when I have one… The first pic is how I found it, the second is after feeling behind it. I knew immediately I was screwed.
I am sorry to learn you had similar situation. I was driving through a stream, not very deep and over some bumps and every sensor in the vehicle completely shutdown including the vehicle halfway across the stream. I had to get my CAT 299 D3 XE tow it out of the stream and back to the off-road park I am building 45 minutes from St. Louis, MO. I still need to get it in to the local Ford dealership. The lights are still working 100%, but I can't get the engine to turn over.

M.E.144

Reaction score
I don't believe so. I didn't buy this Braptor to be a road warrior, the suspension is the key, but I guess I didn't do my research on all of the sensors it has. My Polaris Pro R has no sensors except for the fuel is running low or the engine is too hot. Since I drove it home from Ohio in June, I've been having issues electronic issues with it:
- seat sensors constant alarm (easy fix - drive with all belts on regardless if no one is in that seat)
- all windows would go down without anyone touching the buttons
- gauge screen was completely black for a few days - made it a lot more fun basing the speed off mathematical calculations from point to point and sound of the revs
- middle screen didn't turn on for over a week
- the bluetooth connection works at times and
- the steering changes modes on its own and after I set to sport every day, it still goes back to comfort
- at speeds of 85 plus, there seems to be a lag
- my own opinion, the tires are meant strictly for sand / desert and definitely not the dirt or mud. I have another set on order for off-roading

I am thankful whoever ordered this vehicle originally only got the option for better speakers (bang and olufson) and orange seatbelts.
I have a 2018 F150 Raptor that has been through Mojave desert, most of Reno's desert boardering area 51, and to the top of Sandhllow in Utah, plus all of Colorado in the winter spring and summer and done high speed hair scrambles with it in these trails I
Sanhallow.jpg
RX3 BEAST MODE.jpg

am building and crossed many streams and rivers and I've never had any of these issues - completely stock
- at 72,345 I began to have transmission issues - it was the timing that needed to be redone, but now it runs hard as it did before.

In all honesty, I bought the Braptor because I thought the Raptor was toast, drove my brother's Braptor and 5 hours later signed the contract for 1 in Ohio. I am shocked how this vehicle hasn't held up to everything it says it is capable of doing in the manual as in "driving through streams"

OP
OP
DEBO294

DEBO294

Reaction score
UPDATE:
Just got back from my local dealer. Wheel speed sensor wire on order, said by tomorrow, expect a call in the next couple of days to get it in to be fixed! Whew! I was hoping it wasn’t going to be a long time, but that delivery time is great! Local Ford dealer is Ford of Port Jeff, formerly Ramp Ford in Port Jefferson Station, Long Island, NY
Update #2
Wheel speed sensor wire came in 3 days, not 1, not complaining. To be fixed Monday morning. I’ll update once fixed. 🤞🤞🏼

M.E.144

Reaction score
Aw man, do you think you got water in the intake?
Water was found in the air filter, turbos. Each module needed to be replaced. The boards were corroded and covered in mud even after using compressed air to remove everything and baking the boards. Vehicle was detailed and Oil was changed before heading to FORD. The vehicle sees more dirt and mud than actual road - it needed a good cleaning.

The positives - the repairs cost only $8K (not a new motor as anticipated by dealership) - other items that needed to be repaired was hvac blower (that had blown before), ignition, all of the seat sensors are no longer going off when no one is sitting in those seats, driver's gauges and multimedia screen are staying on vs. going off every few days.

Would really like to get a hold of the BRONCO DR https://www.ford.com/bronco/bronco-dr/, but I am not ready to drop $250K. However I am building a Trophy Truck destroyer with all Polaris PRO equipment for a lot less than Trophy, Trick and Polaris Factory Race Team vehicles!