So dealers aren't getting a lot of allocations.

BroncoZilla

Reaction score
Well at least the ones near me.

My bro-in-law works at a local Ford dealer and I go through him for alot of things when it comes to Ford products and vehicles. I have been practically annoying him about the Bronco Raptor and asking for any info he may receive. The dealership has 4 locations and when new vehicles come out, they are allowed allocations for all 4.

Out of the 4 dealerships, they all had several "Hand Raisers"(I didn't know what this was but its where a person that originally ordered a normal Bronco elected to go with a Raptor). I believe there was 7 or 8 "Hand Raisers" for the Raptors and they only got one allocation for one! Not really sure if these hand raisers got the Golden Ticket as he didn't know either. So I'm nervous that even if I order one, its going to be a year or so before I see it!

Why are even dealerships confused on whats happening? Why does this always happen? This is the same issue even before the covid craziness happened.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score

My bro-in-law works at a local Ford dealer and I go through him for alot of things when it comes to Ford products and vehicles. I have been practically annoying him about the Bronco Raptor and asking for any info he may receive. The dealership has 4 locations and when new vehicles come out, they are allowed allocations for all 4.

Out of the 4 dealerships, they all had several "Hand Raisers"(I didn't know what this was but its where a person that originally ordered a normal Bronco elected to go with a Raptor). I believe there was 7 or 8 "Hand Raisers" for the Raptors and they only got one allocation for one! Not really sure if these hand raisers got the Golden Ticket as he didn't know either. So I'm nervous that even if I order one, its going to be a year or so before I see it!

Why are even dealerships confused on whats happening? Why does this always happen? This is the same issue even before the covid craziness happened.

They are always a mess on these.

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
No kidding. I bet they are gonna be so pushed back on orders. I’m guessing even after summer

MR88

Reaction score
That's what I am worried about. I can get the order in, but will the dealer even have an allocation for me? We will see I guess.

trydntru

Reaction score
How do I found out if dealers near me have enough or any allocations? Just need to call each one? Would it show on each dealers site? I have never ordered a vehicle before, so its all new to me.

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
How do I found out if dealers near me have enough or any allocations? Just need to call each one? Would it show on each dealers site? I have never ordered a vehicle before, so its all new to me.
Probably calling or even showing up at the dealership would be my best guess

Sheppsie

Reaction score

pretty sure the Ford designers and IT staff got all excited and posted stuff on line.... then the engineers were like... ummm it doesn't work like that...
Ford admin is pushing out dealers with lack of info.... they make big statements like elon musk does for tesla then can't deliver

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
pretty sure the Ford designers and IT staff got all excited and posted stuff on line.... then the engineers were like... ummm it doesn't work like that...
Ford admin is pushing out dealers with lack of info.... they make big statements like elon musk does for tesla then can't deliver

Yep, happens with every company out there. Push a product hard and then come to find out it's not ready.

Johnny Mo

Reaction score
Yeah - it's not getting any better. Wifey is CFO of a small auto group and they are struggling to get whatever units they can. The dealership I used for my B6G deal told me they took in about 30 Maverick orders in the 4-5 days banks were actually open and were told they are only getting 9 fulfilled this year.

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Yeah - it's not getting any better. Wifey is CFO of a small auto group and they are struggling to get whatever units they can. The dealership I used for my B6G deal told me they took in about 30 Maverick orders in the 4-5 days banks were actually open and were told they are only getting 9 fulfilled this year.
Still a shortage of parts or are the higher interest rates hurting the process too?