Sad to hear navigation is been dropped.

Rick

Reaction score
Hoped to enjoy navigation features after leaving cell service. I know it still be done but was really looking forward to the simplicity having it installed. Much easier on us old fools…I mean folks.

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hoped to enjoy navigation features after leaving cell service. I know it still be done but was really looking forward to the simplicity having it installed. Much easier on us old fools…I mean folks.
Everyone uses google maps now, so I understand why they did it. But, like you said, there are people that still use this feature. Assume this is a cost saving move too

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum btw! Are you a Golden Ticket holder or planning on getting Bronco Rap?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score

Welcome to the forum. You get an order in for a Bronco Raptor or waiting?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Everyone uses google maps now, so I understand why they did it. But, like you said, there are people that still use this feature. Assume this is a cost saving move too

It sounds like they really didn't want to remove it but with the parts not available and would delay everything, they decide to just remove it.

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It sounds like they really didn't want to remove it but with the parts not available and would delay everything, they decide to just remove it.
Yep. I can’t remember the last time I’ve used my navigation in any of my cars because of google maps. Whens the last time you’ve used your cars navigation?

bulldog17

Reaction score
I'm surprised they've kept vehicle nav this long. All the phone apps that are constantly updated and or real time.
But, like o.p stated, guess your s o l if your not in cell range.

raptorusmaximus

Reaction score
Disappointing, I like to have a backup, especially one that is GPS based and not cellular.
so, they'll be lowering the price of the lux package??????

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Disappointing, I like to have a backup, especially one that is GPS based and not cellular.
so, they'll be lowering the price of the lux package??????

Exactly, especial if you are romping through the trees or desert. You won't need cell service with the in vehicle GPS.

BTW, why are our phones still depending on cell service for the GPS. Wouldn't you think they would have developed something within the phone that would not need cell service?

So are they doing this for just the new builds or all of 2022 builds?

OP
OP
R

Rick

Reaction score

Attachments

• 64EC9F1D-FC56-4203-AE43-7E86AFACBE9D.png
    64EC9F1D-FC56-4203-AE43-7E86AFACBE9D.png
    252.8 KB · Views: 100
OP
OP
R

Rick

Reaction score
Yep. I can’t remember the last time I’ve used my navigation in any of my cars because of google maps. Whens the last time you’ve used your cars navigation?
We use ours regularly. We like to WAY off the grid. Ford navigation was set up for that.

LuckyKnuckle36

Reaction score
We use ours regularly. We like to WAY off the grid. Ford navigation was set up for that.
Also worth noting the Ford navigation goes full screen on the 12" screen, Carplay only goes split screen. The luxe package without navigation seems wrong, they should shed a chip on a lower trim model...

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score