Potential buyer. Currently in a gen2 150Raptor

fordperfaddict

Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum!

this truck really Interests me. I currently have a gen2 raptor on FRS 3.0 shocks. I’m definetly a fan of the high speed off roading and dune running. Has anyone come from a raptor into a BRAPTOR as we call it for short ? What are your thoughts on the transition ?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum!

this truck really Interests me. I currently have a gen2 raptor on FRS 3.0 shocks. I’m definetly a fan of the high speed off roading and dune running. Has anyone come from a raptor into a BRAPTOR as we call it for short ? What are your thoughts on the transition ?

Welcome! There have been several that have had a F150 Raptor and now have a Bronco Raptor here. @TheButcher, @raptorusmaximus, @monsterFD, @Sherpa11 just to name a few that have or had F150 raptors before the got the Braptors.

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum!

Welcome! Will you be keeping your Gen 2 if you end up getting the BRap? So far the members here that made the purchase from a F150 to BRaps have been extremely satisfied

OP
OP
F

fordperfaddict

Reaction score
Welcome! Will you be keeping your Gen 2 if you end up getting the BRap? So far the members here that made the purchase from a F150 to BRaps have been extremely satisfied
Hello! Unfortunately I don’t think I’d be able to do that! Currently have 3 cars now and 4 would just be insane. Plus it would ease the pain of buying a vehicle again.
Wife will have an expedition when the time comes. I’m a little worried about space with a couple dogs and plans are to have a baby on the way soon. I think the expedition will fill the void for not having a pickup?

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello! Unfortunately I don’t think I’d be able to do that! Currently have 3 cars now and 4 would just be insane. Plus it would ease the pain of buying a vehicle again.
Wife will have an expedition when the time comes. I’m a little worried about space with a couple dogs and plans are to have a baby on the way soon. I think the expedition will fill the void for not having a pickup?
Welcome to the forum. As Shaggy noted, several of us had/have Gen 2 Raptors, and I think thus far everyone loves the BRaptor. It's definitely different than the Gen 2, and since it's an SUV it's kind of tough to compare apples to apples. However, they obviously have some similarities. My Gen 2 has lots of mods, and it handles big whoops really well. The BRaptor handles them all just about as well, but the street ride quality is definitely better in the BRaptor. It's just a really nice riding truck. Sounds like the Expedition could do kid hauling duties, but no reason the BRaptor couldn't as well.

OP
OP
F

fordperfaddict

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. As Shaggy noted, several of us had/have Gen 2 Raptors, and I think thus far everyone loves the BRaptor. It's definitely different than the Gen 2, and since it's an SUV it's kind of tough to compare apples to apples. However, they obviously have some similarities. My Gen 2 has lots of mods, and it handles big whoops really well. The BRaptor handles them all just about as well, but the street ride quality is definitely better in the BRaptor. It's just a really nice riding truck. Sounds like the Expedition could do kid hauling duties, but no reason the BRaptor couldn't as well.
Yeah comparing could be tough for sure! What mods did you have on yours? I have the full aftermarket 3.0 live valve fox racing shocks with icon leaf springs.
I’m hoping the Braptor is more fun and better off road then the 150Raptor. it seems like it should be but I’m not confident in that. That is my big draw towards it anyway

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah comparing could be tough for sure! What mods did you have on yours? I have the full aftermarket 3.0 live valve fox racing shocks with icon leaf springs.
I’m hoping the Braptor is more fun and better off road then the 150Raptor. it seems like it should be but I’m not confident in that. That is my big draw towards it anyway
I have the ADD UCA, LCA, Fabricated Spindle, HD Tie rods, and FOX 3.0 bypasses, and rear Deavers. It takes big jumps quite well, but like all Gen 2's it tends to kick out in the rear over some irregularities. Running 40" tires and carbon fenders/bedsides. It's a fun a truck, and looks cool as hell, but I admit the BRaptor probably rides a bit better. I haven't taken the BRaptor offroad hard yet, but it seems to jump railroad tracks pretty well.

raptorusmaximus

Reaction score
I've got a gen 1 and decided to keep it, its faster than the bronco raptor but the BR is fun to drive. It'll be even better when it warms up and I can pull the doors and top.
Every time I get back in the gen 1 though and hear the engine roar to life I know why I'm keeping it, I'll take this drive train over a gen 2 or 3.

elobos

Reaction score
I have had two gen 2’s a gen 3 and now a Braptor. Braptor has definitely been my favorite!!!

Attachments

• C58D006E-023B-4065-8946-C6D63D228E7A.jpeg
    C58D006E-023B-4065-8946-C6D63D228E7A.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 7ED055FA-83C3-410E-9612-3A52C23925BB.jpeg
    7ED055FA-83C3-410E-9612-3A52C23925BB.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 62
  • 8E14B09C-26EE-4365-BD32-176DE221A5A0.png
    8E14B09C-26EE-4365-BD32-176DE221A5A0.png
    389.5 KB · Views: 61