No Bronco Raptor for you....

raptorusmaximus

Reaction score
I've been working with my dealer for months #1 in their queue for a BR and I was ready to pluck down my down payment on March 8th when the order banks were supposed to open and wait a year to get it.
BUT, my dealer just got the news today that bronco raptors are now on an allocation basis and their ONE allocation for the year was given to someone with an existing order why upgrades are hooked to allocation is beyond belief. So, Ford continues to play games with their customers and not even take new orders.... I'm pretty frustrated with the way ford does business.... that TRX is starting to look better....

CVSJR

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
If you've followed along on the various forums you probably could have guessed this was going to happen. Wait until after the first week when someone rejects the ADM snap it up.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I've been working with my dealer for months #1 in their queue for a BR and I was ready to pluck down my down payment on March 8th when the order banks were supposed to open and wait a year to get it.
BUT, my dealer just got the news today that bronco raptors are now on an allocation basis and their ONE allocation for the year was given to someone with an existing order why upgrades are hooked to allocation is beyond belief. So, Ford continues to play games with their customers and not even take new orders.... I'm pretty frustrated with the way ford does business.... that TRX is starting to look better....

That is simply dumb for them to do. I understand that there are huge backups on builds already. What they could do is delay the bronco raptor order banks to open up later this year instead of just giving one allocation to each dealer.

Welcome to the site btw @raptorusmaximus!

OP
OP
raptorusmaximus

raptorusmaximus

Reaction score
I had to call around and other dealers were selling allocations for 10-25k over list. I found someone willing to part with an allocation for 5k over, I don't like it but its not unreasonable considering the times we live in. I was down there today and put in an order for a regular bronco before today's deadline ( march 7th ) and I should be able to convert it tomorrow if they have enough allocation. It's still a gamble as no one seems to know how many allocations they will have, even the day before the order bank goes live.....ford needs to do better. This isn't good for dealers or customers.

Thanks for the welcome Shaggy!!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I had to call around and other dealers were selling allocations for 10-25k over list. I found someone willing to part with an allocation for 5k over, I don't like it but its not unreasonable considering the times we live in. I was down there today and put in an order for a regular bronco before today's deadline ( march 7th ) and I should be able to convert it tomorrow if they have enough allocation. It's still a gamble as no one seems to know how many allocations they will have, even the day before the order bank goes live.....ford needs to do better. This isn't good for dealers or customers.

Thanks for the welcome Shaggy!!

Did your dealer say they were still going to allow orders tomorrow for the Bronco Raptor and there wasn't a delay?

OP
OP
raptorusmaximus

raptorusmaximus

Reaction score
I was told the order bank for new bronco orders closes today, the BR order bank opens tomorrow. If you have an existing order for a bronco your dealer can sell you the upgrade based on Allocation ( thats why I had to put in an order today for a bronco). My dealer still doesn't know how many allocations he has.

OP
OP
raptorusmaximus

raptorusmaximus

Reaction score
Its interesting how bad a job ford has done communicating to dealers and the public. nothings coordinated, my dealer and I went over options today there was no code orange paint in their ordering system ( he could see options but not place an order yet ) but there was in th eonline build page, the bimmini top was also available although it was removed from the online build page. The online build page has changed several times over the last two weeks as items have come and gone from the list of available options.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Its interesting how bad a job ford has done communicating to dealers and the public. nothings coordinated, my dealer and I went over options today there was no code orange paint in their ordering system ( he could see options but not place an order yet ) but there was in th eonline build page, the bimmini top was also available although it was removed from the online build page. The online build page has changed several times over the last two weeks as items have come and gone from the list of available options.

Its always been bad, even Chevy doesn't fill their dealers in that well as most of here on forums seem to know more about updates and details then them.

MR88

Reaction score

How can they give out the allocation to someone else when you said you were the first in their que? Do you think it may have been given to someone connected with the dealer? Sounds fishy to me!

trydntru

Reaction score

So anything new with this? You get it worked out with your dealer or still planning on going the TRX route? Always worry me dealing with dealers when it comes to this new high dollar vehicles. They want to try to get ever penny for them.

CRC

Reaction score
I guess if I have to wait maybe Ford will look at the fenders and say we can do better than this . Looks like a 2024 for me . Oh well

Johnny Mo

Reaction score
What was your reservation timestamp? Was the other person that far ahead of you? Was it a golden ticket that you had no shot at anyway since Ford pre-determined who got those? Answering some of those questions while not making you happy may at least temper your disappointment a little if there was little or no chance of the Raptor getting to you anyway.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I guess if I have to wait maybe Ford will look at the fenders and say we can do better than this . Looks like a 2024 for me . Oh well

What do you mean? You not going to order a Raptor yet?

CVSJR

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
Don’t hold your breath on a Factory change to the fenders, they can sell every truck they can make now and aftermarket parts will be available without doubt. The flares don’t look bad in person and they will keep the tires from throwing rocks.

CRC

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the 2023 ordering will go ? I’ve got calls into a lot of dealers trying to lock up a allocation early . If it’s the same as the 22 I may move on . Thanks

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the 2023 ordering will go ? I’ve got calls into a lot of dealers trying to lock up a allocation early . If it’s the same as the 22 I may move on . Thanks
My plan is to try and contact Ford sometime today and ask about everything I can about the BRaps etc. I have a F-150 lightning order that I want check on so hopefully I can get someone that knows what’s going on.

CRC

Reaction score
My plan is to try and contact Ford sometime today and ask about everything I can about the BRaps etc. I have a F-150 lightning order that I want check on so hopefully I can get someone that knows what’s going on.
I have Calle several dealers in my area and reserved a order pending a allocation . One wants a 30k allocation that I won’t be doing , looking for MSRP deal .

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I have Calle several dealers in my area and reserved a order pending a allocation . One wants a 30k allocation that I won’t be doing , looking for MSRP deal .
It’s crazy. I got involved in another project, so wasn’t able to call ford yesterday. It’s on my agenda though

bulldog17

Reaction score
Electrek: Ford launches production of F-150 Lightning electric pickup truck, says it’s a ‘Model T moment’
Electrek: Ford launches production of F-150 Lightning electric pickup truck, says it’s a ‘Model T moment’.