Isn't it crazy how much dealers are charging on ADMs!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Not just for the Bronco Raptors, but for every new car/truck. I have seen $25k-$27k ADM for the Bronco Raptors. Ford Raptors and Ram TRXs are going for over $100k due to the ADMs! Its ridiculous but they will continue to do it as there are people out there willing to pay for it. That's fine if you can afford it, but damn thats alot of money to just pay for them not doing really anything but a few minutes of pre-checks. 🤷‍♂️

bulldog17

Reaction score
First dealer I talked to wanted 10k adm. I turned him down. I've bought about six vehicles from him, he said he would come down to 5k, I said no thanks.
Went to next dealer, told him I was looking for a Brap. Instead of going through the whole sales thing I asked, how much adm are you putting on it....he said 35k....I actually started laughing. Sales guy said...well, Ive sold two already.....I think he may have embellished a bit.
I chuckled again as I left.....thats 50% over base msrp!
I'm about twenty miles outside Philly......Crazy!!
Looks like the 150Rap will be around a while longer. Like the high resale on the Frap , but not gonna do those adm numbers.

LuckyKnuckle36

Reaction score
Not just for the Bronco Raptors, but for every new car/truck. I have seen $25k-$27k ADM for the Bronco Raptors. Ford Raptors and Ram TRXs are going for over $100k due to the ADMs! Its ridiculous but they will continue to do it as there are people out there willing to pay for it. That's fine if you can afford it, but damn thats alot of money to just pay for them not doing really anything but a few minutes of pre-checks. 🤷‍♂️
Hate it, refuse to pay it but that really limits your ability to get what you want. Hopefully these dealers suffer when things settle down. I have a Koons Ford Dealer in Annapolis MD that I refuse to buy from because I remember their ADMs on Raptors well before the pandemic. Fortunately there are a few decent dealers left out there. However not sure how many willing to do MSRP on the BRaptor yet...

antiford

Reaction score
yes, i'm same situations, crazy ford dealer.
I purchase with rubicon392 without regret.
jeep is no adm

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First dealer I talked to wanted 10k adm. I turned him down. I've bought about six vehicles from him, he said he would come down to 5k, I said no thanks.
Went to next dealer, told him I was looking for a Brap. Instead of going through the whole sales thing I asked, how much adm are you putting on it....he said 35k....I actually started laughing. Sales guy said...well, Ive sold two already.....I think he may have embellished a bit.
I chuckled again as I left.....thats 50% over base msrp!
I'm about twenty miles outside Philly......Crazy!!
Looks like the 150Rap will be around a while longer. Like the high resale on the Frap , but not gonna do those adm numbers.

So even at $5k you said no. Wow, good for you! :) I might have caved. Ha ha!

Last edited:

bulldog17

Reaction score
Yeah, I've not caved, for now. 5k adm guy said he would order the one I want and when it came in I could refuse it and he will sell it.This is with no deposit. Also, the trade value he gives me now could change in the year or so it takes to be built.
He could put 15k adm if I refuse.....but I'm thinking if someone says they have a budget for a high adm , I'll get bumped out.
I have bought six cars from him over ten years so I'm fairly confident he would honor his end
.....but, he's a car dealer and $$ talks.

CVSJR

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
This ADM thing is weird, as payola for buying a cool vehicle that I don't need I agreed to replace my wife's aging X3 with an I4, we were sitting in salesman's office when he brought up an additional $5K for Market adjustment. I thought my wife was going to punch him, then he said his manager told them to float it and check reactions, we wound up getting a $500 loyalty credit (4th new BMW) but had we said nothing we would have been charged $5k.

Bukin 67

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
The fact that that some are stuck with their high adm dealers after being fortunate enough to get a GT just doesn't seem right to me after waiting 20 months for a Bronco that wasn't even scheduled yet. Mine wants +30k and I've bought 2 vehicles from them in the past. I actually walked out on them for not dealing on a 2006 F350 diesel and they came running out in the parking lot as I was pulling away. Maybe it's payback? lol. I wasn't asking for anything ridiculous at all. I want the BRaptor, sure, but can't find another dealer close enough that has one available for as low as +$5k so I guess I'm stuck with these knuckleheads if I'm going to get it.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
This ADM thing is weird, as payola for buying a cool vehicle that I don't need I agreed to replace my wife's aging X3 with an I4, we were sitting in salesman's office when he brought up an additional $5K for Market adjustment. I thought my wife was going to punch him, then he said his manager told them to float it and check reactions, we wound up getting a $500 loyalty credit (4th new BMW) but had we said nothing we would have been charged $5k.

Wow, always going to try and sneak it in.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The fact that that some are stuck with their high adm dealers after being fortunate enough to get a GT just doesn't seem right to me after waiting 20 months for a Bronco that wasn't even scheduled yet. Mine wants +30k and I've bought 2 vehicles from them in the past. I actually walked out on them for not dealing on a 2006 F350 diesel and they came running out in the parking lot as I was pulling away. Maybe it's payback? lol. I wasn't asking for anything ridiculous at all. I want the BRaptor, sure, but can't find another dealer close enough that has one available for as low as +$5k so I guess I'm stuck with these knuckleheads if I'm going to get it.

What makes no sense is they markup a vehicle they didn't even order, have it one day, and maybe do 2 hours of prechecks. So I guess the 2 hours is at a rate of $12,500 a hour? Ok sure...

bulldog17

Reaction score
Adms are everywhere
Screenshot_20220401-095416.png

bulldog17

Reaction score
Unless you look at markup as a percent of msrp. Then the jeep wrangler is the highest........twenty plus percent of cost for taking shipping plastic off and washing it.

LuckyKnuckle36

Reaction score
Only asking ADMs because people are willing to pay them. The consumer has the power, just back away and find a good dealer or buy a different vehicle for now.

jzweedyk

Reaction score
Some of it is supply and demand. If you NEED a vehicle right now, a shortage effects the supply side.

I do agree that if no one paid ADMs then they would go away, but some people feel they need to buy now. I want to buy now, but will wait until the supply side fixes itself. More of a principle than necessity.

LuckyKnuckle36

Reaction score
Some of it is supply and demand. If you NEED a vehicle right now, a shortage effects the supply side.

I do agree that if no one paid ADMs then they would go away, but some people feel they need to buy now. I want to buy now, but will wait until the supply side fixes itself. More of a principle than necessity.
Right, as much as I love my Gen3, no one "needs" a Raptor...

CVSJR

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
Supply and demand, I purchased a 2009 Z06 for MSRP in late 2008 as an economical crash was happening. 3 months earlier I priced them with around a $25k mark up. The biggest reason was Chevy dealer would lose next year's allotment if they were unsold.