Honest Mistake, or Stealership Deception?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'd let it ride. You might end up getting some freebies over time. I've received a few things with my Bronco reservation. I received a ball cap, a compact nylon hammock that I haven't removed from the storage bag, and most recently, a 3-D desk calendar.
View attachment 154

Who knows if they'll send you anything, but if it was only $100.00 the only thing at stake is most likely 0.10% interest on your money...lol.

Wow, at least they aren't just leaving you hanging with nothing while you wait.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Today I received the following invitation:
View attachment 160

The wife and I were already planning to go to the Chicago Auto Show, but this was a surprise. Once I clicked on the Register Here button it had me choose a date and then gave me a QR based invitation to use at the attraction. Jeep has had a similar course in the past, and the line can be pretty long, so skipping the line will be much appreciated. We're going later in the week.

So did you make it on the mountain?

OP
OP
Turning Blue

Turning Blue

Reaction score
So did you make it on the mountain?
Make it?...lol. We did get the VIP treatment, which was to skip the line. That was quite a time savings since they only had two Broncos going at a time.

It was a fun experience, but the Jeep "Mountain" was taller and more steep. Bronco incline was 24 degrees, while the Jeep was 30! We rode in a Wrangler with the Eco-Diesel (I think that's what the driver called it). I didn't hear any diesel rattle inside or outside the vehicle.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Oh, and I had forgotten that I also received a nylon Bronco banner. I'll wait to see if there are any 2nd chances for a BRaptor invite before I cancel my reservation. I'm not interested in a regular Bronco.

So if you still have a normal Bronco reservation, you can't move it to a Raptor, even when the March orders open up? You just have to start over?

OP
OP
Turning Blue

Turning Blue

Reaction score
But are you going to try and order a Raptor when they do open up?
I'm not sure. There was something about the possibility of a guaranteed order that added to my interest...lol. I still have a Mustang GT that I bought December 28, and has been in storage since then, and my 19 FRaptor that was last driven November 24th. My wife has her Hyundai Tucson I can't talk her out of...lol, and I drive a company vehicle for work, so there's definitely no need for another vehicle. Getting turned down for wanting to buy a $75,000 fourth vehicle has definitely dampened my spirit...lol. The more I think about it the more ridiculous it seems.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm not sure. There was something about the possibility of a guaranteed order that added to my interest...lol. I still have a Mustang GT that I bought December 28, and has been in storage since then, and my 19 FRaptor that was last driven November 24th. My wife has her Hyundai Tucson I can't talk her out of...lol, and I drive a company vehicle for work, so there's definitely no need for another vehicle. Getting turned down for wanting to buy a $75,000 fourth vehicle has definitely dampened my spirit...lol. The more I think about it the more ridiculous it seems.

You havent driven your Raptor in almost 4 months? Guess that work truck is you DD, even for grocery getting?

OP
OP
Turning Blue

Turning Blue

Reaction score
You havent driven your Raptor in almost 4 months? Guess that work truck is you DD, even for grocery getting?
Most of my winter driving is work related so the company car, a 2020 Jeep Cherokee, is why I can park the Raptor all winter. If I do need to drive for personal reasons, I drive the wife's Tucson Limited AWD.

I know alot of guys on the forums, and elsewhere, criticize parking the Raptor all winter, but I don't miss the mess my 2014 Raptor brought into the garage during the winter! Have I mentioned I HATE road salt? That's not to mention how the door handles and running boards would get caked with salty slush...lol. The Cherokee stays in the driveway, and the handles are generally clean...lol. I know, I sound like a pansie!

When I bought my 14 Raptor I traded a 2001 F150 4x4 SCrew, purchased November, 2000, that only had 44,000 miles on it. I averaged about 3,500 miles a year on that one. Yes, company cars are awesome...lol.

So like I said, maybe I'm being a sore loser by losing some interest in a BRaptor once I didn't get a "Golden Ticket" but I had already chosen the new Mustang over ordering a "regular" Bronco, so I'm slowly accepting it...lol. Hopefully when the weather breaks, driving the Raptor and Mustang will help me forget...lol. Plus, the wife and I are considering a warmer (no road salt) climate in about 2-3 years. Maybe then I'll enjoy my Raptor year 'round.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Most of my winter driving is work related so the company car, a 2020 Jeep Cherokee, is why I can park the Raptor all winter. If I do need to drive for personal reasons, I drive the wife's Tucson Limited AWD.

I know alot of guys on the forums, and elsewhere, criticize parking the Raptor all winter, but I don't miss the mess my 2014 Raptor brought into the garage during the winter! Have I mentioned I HATE road salt? That's not to mention how the door handles and running boards would get caked with salty slush...lol. The Cherokee stays in the driveway, and the handles are generally clean...lol. I know, I sound like a pansie!

When I bought my 14 Raptor I traded a 2001 F150 4x4 SCrew, purchased November, 2000, that only had 44,000 miles on it. I averaged about 3,500 miles a year on that one. Yes, company cars are awesome...lol.

So like I said, maybe I'm being a sore loser by losing some interest in a BRaptor once I didn't get a "Golden Ticket" but I had already chosen the new Mustang over ordering a "regular" Bronco, so I'm slowly accepting it...lol. Hopefully when the weather breaks, driving the Raptor and Mustang will help me forget...lol. Plus, the wife and I are considering a warmer (no road salt) climate in about 2-3 years. Maybe then I'll enjoy my Raptor year 'round.

Nope, not a pansie at all. I can image the pain in the ace it is to deal with snow and slush. I don't have to ever deal with it where I live, but I would have the same feeling when it comes to build up and a mess it leaves on the garage floor. Totally understand.

raptorusmaximus

Reaction score
I do know that if a customer rejects their order it goes into stock and they can't sell it as
'used" until it gets 6k miles. Ford puts all kind of crazy restrictions and games on these.... I came very close to ordering a trx just because I could walk into a dealer order one and get it in about 6-8 weeks at msrp.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I do know that if a customer rejects their order it goes into stock and they can't sell it as
'used" until it gets 6k miles. Ford puts all kind of crazy restrictions and games on these.... I came very close to ordering a trx just because I could walk into a dealer order one and get it in about 6-8 weeks at msrp.

You cant get a TRX in the short of a time now I hear.

OP
OP
Turning Blue

Turning Blue

Reaction score
The way gas prices are going, TRXs will be sitting, whether already purchased, or for sale. I don't know anyone who wants to fill a 35 gallon gas tank at $7.00 or more per gallon. "Fillerup!" That'll be $245.00 thank you. Heck, I'd have to use my debit card three times!

I probably won't ever get an honest answer for any of the BRaptor golden ticket program. I'm still trying to figure out how they selected who would get the opportunity to order a BRaptor? Earliest reservation holders? Reservation holders who converted to an order but were still waiting? Did the dealership selected at time of reservation matter?

One dealer I spoke with said they don't even know if they will have to pay a fee just to sell Raptors, like is required of the "Cobras?" He did say they have applied to sell Mach-e and Lightnings, which is a new requirement to be able to sell those going forward. Big changes are coming and they probably won't be good for the consumers or dealers. Limiting the models a dealer can sell will limit their customer base as well. My only saving grace is unless one of my vehicles gets totalled, I won't need a new vehicle for some time.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The way gas prices are going, TRXs will be sitting, whether already purchased, or for sale. I don't know anyone who wants to fill a 35 gallon gas tank at $7.00 or more per gallon. "Fillerup!" That'll be $245.00 thank you. Heck, I'd have to use my debit card three times!

I probably won't ever get an honest answer for any of the BRaptor golden ticket program. I'm still trying to figure out how they selected who would get the opportunity to order a BRaptor? Earliest reservation holders? Reservation holders who converted to an order but were still waiting? Did the dealership selected at time of reservation matter?

One dealer I spoke with said they don't even know if they will have to pay a fee just to sell Raptors, like is required of the "Cobras?" He did say they have applied to sell Mach-e and Lightnings, which is a new requirement to be able to sell those going forward. Big changes are coming and they probably won't be good for the consumers or dealers. Limiting the models a dealer can sell will limit their customer base as well. My only saving grace is unless one of my vehicles gets totalled, I won't need a new vehicle for some time.

I can't remember, but did you apply for a Golden Ticket and didn't get it?

OP
OP
Turning Blue

Turning Blue

Reaction score
I can't remember, but did you apply for a Golden Ticket and didn't get it?
Yes, I received the email asking if I was interested in converting my reservation to a BRaptor order and I clicked on the I'm interested box. Two days later I received an email from Ford confirming my order of a Bronco Outer Banks that I never ordered. I contacted the dealershipand was told it was a mistake on their part and they put it back to 99 status. A couple days later I was told I wasn't selected. Original reservation date was 07/22/2020. Sorry for the repeat...lol.