Bronco HVAC / Heating Issue

BBr

Reaction score
I have been noticing abnormal behavior of the heating system in my 2023 Bronco Raptor. Even with low ambient temperatures (50-60 degrees), my Bronco would not start heating the interior until temperature controls are turned up to at least 77 or 78 degrees.

Interestingly, as the controls are being adjusted up stepwise by 1 degree (e..g., from 72 to 73 degrees, etc.), hot air can briefly be felt coming from the vents for just a split second, then immediately returning to blowing unheated air again. Only after the setting of 77 or 78 degrees is reached, the heating finally remains on.

Perhaps even more interestingly, when I turn my Bronco off with a temperature setting of 74 degrees, upon restarting it the next morning, the heating can sometimes kick in properly. However, if the start-up setting is initially lower (e.g. 68 degrees), the system always behaves as described above.

My dealership reproduced this behavior. They contacted Ford and were told that Ford had not heard of this issue before. Ford also asked them to check another new stock Bronco on their lot (non-Raptor, I believe). They were surprised to find it behaving the same way. The dealership submitted their findings to Ford.

The dealership documented the following: 'Checked OASIS; no related TSB or SSM found. Checked DTC using FDRS; none related. Checked for updates in HVAC; none available.'

Perhaps, this is a software glitch more of us are experiencing but may have been overlooking. If so, additional reports to Ford could make Ford look into it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online