Body width

bulldog17

Reaction score
Is the actual body of BRaptor wider also? Or is it the stance, fender flares where the width increased by 9.8 inches......hard to tell

funkified

Reaction score
it looks like it is assuming the grill section has the same dimensions. You can see more sheet metal around the headlights
2022_Ford_Bronco_Raptor_18-comparo.jpg

LuckyKnuckle36

Reaction score
the width is in the axles and wheels and flares. No interior body width. Looks like a slight fender bulge before the flares as well. I really wish they would have made wide body fenders like the truck. Given the bolt on modularity of the Bronco should be plenty of after market but seems crazy to need after market for a signature Raptor feature I just feel they missed. My only complaint. I hear that it's because the plant they make them at can't fit the width in the paint booth and assembly line so they had to add the width via unpainted flares at the end of assembly. Same thing as to why they went with a 3.0 engine, because that engine block is already at the plant...

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bulldog17

Reaction score
Yeah, can see it in hood ....grips?....wider from them to fender flares.
The ford engineer did say they tried to keep things similar on the line to avoid retooling cost etc

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
it looks like it is assuming the grill section has the same dimensions. You can see more sheet metal around the headlights
View attachment 81

Ha ha, I was about to post these same 2 images. Perfect examples. Height and width are bigger then the normal Bronco. This thing looks more bad ass each time I see it.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I bet the interior width of the bronco raptor is the same as any other 2022 bronco. They just widened the fenders. That's what it looks like to me in that pic from @funkified

Yeah probably as they would just stick with the same chassis/body and can easily widen the outer fenders.

LuckyKnuckle36

Reaction score
Wish I could take credit for the post but it comes from pacific wheel on FRF. Love the new Bronco Raptor but Have to love this referencing the new fender flares :D
1643247039343.png