2022 Ford Bronco Raptor Gets Fully-Smooth Fenders with CGI Aftermarket, Fatty Style!

cgi-aftermarket-2022-ford-bronco-raptor-gets-fully-smooth-fenders-looks-chubby-186182_1.jpeg

So far, so good in the real world for Stellantis, as the Blue Oval rival has not yet moved to crash their Moab party with yet another posse of customized Broncos like they did last year. Perhaps they will settle for little marketing tricks with the 2022 Bronco Raptor, like showing the cockpit animations and avatars or sending VIN 001 at auction for a noble cause.

cgi-aftermarket-2022-ford-bronco-raptor-gets-fully-smooth-fenders-looks-chubby_4.jpeg

But that does not mean the virtual automotive artists have to settle down and forget about the hype surrounding the reinvented, sixth-generation Ford Bronco and its recent derivatives. Alongside the 2022 Everglades (starting at an MSRP of $53k), the 2022 Bronco Raptor (a rather steep $68,500 affair) sits at the top of the series’ roster with an exclusive four-door body style. And with at least one massive quirk, aka the squarish, bolt-on black plastic fender flares.

cgi-aftermarket-2022-ford-bronco-raptor-gets-fully-smooth-fenders-looks-chubby_3.jpeg

Those have quickly become the biggest distraction from its dune-bashing, rock-crawling, adventure-overlanding capabilities, it seems. But Oscar Vargas, the virtual artist better known as wb.artist20 on social media, who has just recently upgraded his rendering skills to 3D imagery, is trying to get a better hang of the issue. Well, it is a big learning curve, as he mentioned earlier when he slapped a 1988 Chevy Camaro with a full carbon fiber body and a rear-mounted ZZ632/1000 crate engine.

cgi-aftermarket-2022-ford-bronco-raptor-gets-fully-smooth-fenders-looks-chubby_1.jpeg

But he is getting better at it one digital project at a time, with this 2022 Ford Bronco Raptor packing a set of CGI aftermarket fender flares and looking like a chubby yet neatly integrated off-road SUV that is virtually ready for anything. And, judging by the comments reel, the reception might be overwhelmingly positive if something like this ever became real as an add-on accessory.

cgi-aftermarket-2022-ford-bronco-raptor-gets-fully-smooth-fenders-looks-chubby_5.jpeg

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hmmm, not sure if ita the color hile used but in wish he did it in a grey or black as the blue is throwing me off. I like the idea just not sure about the color choice.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Maybe the Gen 2 Bronco Raptor

Without a doubt they will go this route. Maybe not as wide body as this rendering, but they will widen the fenders for sure. They seem to have done in from F-150 GEN1 to GEN2 and now widened the fenders a little bit more from GEN2 to GEN3.

CVSJR

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
I'm not feeling the rear bubble look and I think those back fenders will take a terrible beating from rocks. The front looks decent though.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm not feeling the rear bubble look and I think those back fenders will take a terrible beating from rocks. The front looks decent though.

Totally agree. Just not a fan at all of the back wide body look. Front looks great. From what you said when you saw it in person, the fenders are a non issue in your opinion?

jzweedyk

Reaction score
The one I saw looked great. The plain 4 door Bronco (in my opinion) looks to much like a station wagon from the side. The big fenders on the Raptor break it up better, just like the Jeeps do. My 2 cents.

Johnny Mo

Reaction score
The one I saw looked great. The plain 4 door Bronco (in my opinion) looks to much like a station wagon from the side. The big fenders on the Raptor break it up better, just like the Jeeps do. My 2 cents.
Yeah - in person they are sized "right". Not saying I love them, but they fit.