🦖 Bronco Raptor Forum Stealthy, Protected, Meticulously Engineered, 8+ Gallon Potable Water SYSTEM - Bringing it to Market

swamp2

Reaction score
Well here it goes...

Are you tired of lugging 1 gal, 2.5 gal or larger water containers on trips? Tired of lugging them back and forth to your rig while camping/wheeling? Tired of janky external, pressurized or ratchet strapped down water "systems"? Would you like a way to easily drink, cook, clean yourself; your shoes; kids, dog, bike, etc.? This will be great for urban, beach, camping, wheeling - anything.

Would you like the system to be nearly invisible and not impact your rigs crawling capability (breakover and departure angles) nor it's storage capacity?

Well it's almost here.

Do you want a true water SYSTEM that is engineered to outlast your Bronco with meticulous use of the best materials and attention to detail?

Here is the basic system architecture and user interface:

Bronco Raptor Water System.png

EVERYTHING shown above will be included in the system. The Aquor spigots themselves are a small feat of design and engineering and contribute to not consuming any extra interior cargo space and support a single configurable system for filling and using your water from one flush mounted "tap". These are designed in Australia and are nicely engineered and manufactured from a very stout stainless steel casting.

This all began when looking at the nice empty space in the bottom, rear most part of my Raptor and thinking, "SPOT FOR A TANK".

The system uses all stainless steel hardware and has a beefy aluminum skid plate. All materials are suitable for drinking water as per the FDA.

It's properly vented to prevent overfilling damage and to preserve the Raptor's fording depth of 37".

I've got countless hours of 3D scanning, CAD and component hunting and selection into this fully completed design. My OCD (about design), I believe should be evident. This system is better than OEM quality and it is what fits/belongs on a rig like a Raptor.

Who would buy one of these? This probably can't come to fruition without a minimum customer base, due to the high cost for the fully custom, welded stainless steel tank (the actual tank shape is shown in the schematic).

I think all that is needed to provide the system for a non-Raptor 4 door is an aftermarket exhaust (cat back or less) which moves it to the Raptor "fore-aft" layout/envelope, as well as the hitch kit (with braces) that come stock on the Raptor.

I think these will sell for about $2.5k. Pricey, absolutely indeed, but about the same as things like motorized step sliders. I've not yet decided if I'll eventually go the deposit route. I know those can go sideways... I do want some way to get commitments to pull the trigger on the first batch of tanks.

Depending on interest, I may also offer a very basic tank with no pump, electronics, tailgate panel, etc. It would basically just be the tank, vent, and a single hose for fill and gravity drain. Please clarify if you are interested in that kind of bare bones system.

P.S. Admin/Mod - I am not a business and am not yet selling anything. Let's say at this point this is just market exploration.

Print744

Reaction score
I think that’s a pretty slick idea. I’d be interested for sure. Is that AU$2.5k or US$2.5k?
Another version might be an aux gas tank. That’s something I’d definitely be interested in. At 11 mpg, the stock 21 gal tank is woefully inadequate for longer range excursions.