Wind Noise in Cabin

fordperfaddict

Reaction score
Hello,

how does everyone feel about the in cabin wind noise on the highway? i hear it can be like a window cracked at 75+ mph on youtube but i havent read anything on the forum yet about it. Also, ive seen people tape the corner of the B pillar to bring down the noise substantially?
what are owners here thinking about it?

widnere12

Reaction score
Hello,

how does everyone feel about the in cabin wind noise on the highway? i hear it can be like a window cracked at 75+ mph on youtube but i havent read anything on the forum yet about it. Also, ive seen people tape the corner of the B pillar to bring down the noise substantially?
It’s definitely an issue, but no worse than a Jeep. Starts to rear up at 55+ mph and is just like a window cracked.

Best to go into a purchase like this knowing that removable tops = wind noise.

OP
OP
F

fordperfaddict

Reaction score
I’ve never owned a jeep, coming from a gen2 raptor truck. I hear mixed reviews on the noise so just trying to get varying opinions from everyone. I think I’m gonna have to drive one. How does it compare to a regular bronco with hard top? The same ?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I’ve never owned a jeep, coming from a gen2 raptor truck. I hear mixed reviews on the noise so just trying to get varying opinions from everyone. I think I’m gonna have to drive one. How does it compare to a regular bronco with hard top? The same ?

The wind noise to me wasn't bad driving around town when I tested drove the one I ordered(ended up passing on it due to personal issues). Never got it on the highway, but I have heard from several that its not bad. You do hear it, but its not horrible they say.

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wind noise is noticeable, but bearable. I will say that when you put the KC light bar on the truck it does make it significantly more noisy. Looks really cool, but you hear it when going down the freeway.

widnere12

Reaction score
Wind noise is noticeable, but bearable. I will say that when you put the KC light bar on the truck it does make it significantly more noisy. Looks really cool, but you hear it when going down the freeway.
Light bars almost always add significant noise… Definitely a good point to bring up

805BroncoRaptor

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
It’s not bad. Can you hear it? Yes. Can you talk in the cab without issue? Yes

Not sure what some people expect. It’s an off-road vehicle with a removable top! Add lights or a light bar and the noise increases… derp derp

MDJAK

Reaction score
I’m not sure how the OP can say he hasn’t seen wind noise in the cabin brought up. It has been mentioned on almost every YouTube video since the bronco was announced.

Rpt

Reaction score
Hello,

It's so much fun to drive it doesn't matter. My 72 restored Bronco is louder.

Attachments

• 20230219_121611.jpg
    20230219_121611.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 109
OP
OP
F

fordperfaddict

Reaction score
it's loud, but its a flying brick, there's no way to keep it quiet with the aerodynamics
For sure, I would argue the f150 is a long brick… lol with a slightly less steep windshield. I’m always just curious if it would annoy me terribly or not coming from a gen2. Worst case I hate it and sell it and not lose much.

raptorusmaximus

Reaction score
I have a gen1, and didn't think I would enjoy driving the bronco so much. at this point I'm considering selling my gen 1....something I thought I would never do.

Rpt

Reaction score
Hello,

Wow! Sounds like crazy talk but I definitely believe you! Lol
Just remember you can't have too many Broncos. That's what I tell my wife. LOL

Attachments

• 20210417_172611.jpg
    20210417_172611.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 84

Rick

Reaction score
After driving different Bronco Raptors, I’ve realized that the wind noise is not the same in all of them. Some are not really noticeable, even at highway speeds. Others are very noticeable as soon as you get moving. No accessories on any that I’ve driven.

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
After driving different Bronco Raptors, I’ve realized that the wind noise is not the same in all of them. Some are not really noticeable, even at highway speeds. Others are very noticeable as soon as you get moving. No accessories on any that I’ve driven.
Interesting. I'd tend to agree to some extent, but since I wasn't really paying attention between the 3 I've driven I can't say one way or another if I experienced the same thing.

raptorusmaximus

Reaction score
I think it all depends on how well the weather stripping was layed down and how the tops were set in place. the real test is how consistent it will be when you start taking the tops on and off.