Stock Suspension Setup

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
1643041738423.png

Fox is the been the company of choice on the stock suspension for the Bronco Raptor. They are position-sensitive dampers that are similar to those equipped on the F-150 Raptor. Ford calls the Bronco Raptor's setup HOSS 4.0 (High-Performance Off-Road Stability Suspension) and it includes 3.1 inch diameter internal bypass dampers with remote reservoirs in the rear. It's also equipped with Ford Performance front and rear control arms, with allow for 60% front and 40% more wheel travel than a base Bronco and larger tie rods.

2022-ford-bronco-raptor-axles-wide-stance.jpeg

Ford also says the Bronco Raptor's track is 9.8 inches wider than the base Bronco's. Reason for the wider track is because the upgraded heavy-duty Dana 50 solid rear axle and Dana 44 front axles with upgraded half-shafts.

The Bronco Raptor's transfer case has a higher-capacity clutch and a 67.7:1 crawl ratio. It also gets front and rear locking differentials and a hydraulic disconnecting front anti-roll bar.

Skid plates protect the driveline, transmission, and transfer case, and there are Raptor-specific rock rails. Raptors have 13.1 inches of ground clearance, 1.6 more than a Bronco Sasquatch

BroncoZilla

Reaction score
View attachment 47

Fox is the been the company of choice on the stock suspension for the Bronco Raptor. They are position-sensitive dampers that are similar to those equipped on the F-150 Raptor. Ford calls the Bronco Raptor's setup HOSS 4.0 (High-Performance Off-Road Stability Suspension) and it includes 3.1 inch diameter internal bypass dampers with remote reservoirs in the rear. It's also equipped with Ford Performance front and rear control arms, with allow for 60% front and 40% more wheel travel than a base Bronco and larger tie rods.

View attachment 48

Ford also says the Bronco Raptor's track is 9.8 inches wider than the base Bronco's. Reason for the wider track is because the upgraded heavy-duty Dana 50 solid rear axle and Dana 44 front axles with upgraded half-shafts.

The Bronco Raptor's transfer case has a higher-capacity clutch and a 67.7:1 crawl ratio. It also gets front and rear locking differentials and a hydraulic disconnecting front anti-roll bar.

Skid plates protect the driveline, transmission, and transfer case, and there are Raptor-specific rock rails. Raptors have 13.1 inches of ground clearance, 1.6 more than a Bronco Sasquatch

We all knew they would still carry the Fox shocks brand. They do in the F150 Raptors, why not in the Bronco Raptor!

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Who knows. Eventually but maybe in the R or Gen 4. :p
Wound be nice. What’s crazy to me is how many Raptors I see on the road now. Wonder if the B Raptor will have the same interest?!?

funkified

Reaction score
What's a B Raptor? :LOL:
I was thinking of just referring to both Raptors as Brappy (or BRaptor) and Rappy (maybe FRaptor? haha) from now on . Who wants to type Bronco Raptor or F-150 Raptor everytime we refer to one or the other now. I noticed that in the deep dive TFL video that the engineer had to constantly say "this came directly from the F-150 Raptor, this was borrowed from the F-150 Raptor, this is just like the part on the F-150 Raptor".....its exhausting

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I was thinking of just referring to both Raptors as Brappy (or BRaptor) and Rappy (maybe FRaptor? haha) from now on . Who wants to type Bronco Raptor or F-150 Raptor everytime we refer to one or the other now. I noticed that in the deep dive TFL video that the engineer had to constantly say "this came directly from the F-150 Raptor, this was borrowed from the F-150 Raptor, this is just like the part on the F-150 Raptor".....its exhausting
Thanks for having my back on this one! That’s exactly why I tried that assuming everyone would know what I meant. Shaggy thinks he’s a funny guy. I’m in on the abbreviations. Definitely makes it easier

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score

Totally agree. BRap and FRap. ;)

bulldog17

Reaction score
I know fake 150 Raptors.....some regular 150's Tacos, and anyone else with the three hood marker lights installed after market have been referred to as fraptors on frf. Just an observation.

funkified

Reaction score
I know fake 150 Raptors.....some regular 150's Tacos, and anyone else with the three hood marker lights installed after market have been referred to as fraptors on frf. Just an observation.
Oh ya you are right. I recall seeing that in some posts!