Prepare for obscene ADM's

raptorusmaximus

Reaction score
My local ford store was willing to sell me one at MSRP but their only allocation was given away to an exiting order. I had to call around and other dealers were selling allocations for 10-25k over list. I found someone willing to part with an allocation for 5k over, I don't like it but its not unreasonable considering the times we live in. I was down there today and put in an order for a regular bronco before today's deadline ( march 7th ) and I should be able to convert it tomorrow if they have enough allocation. It's still a gamble as no one seems to know how many allocations they will have, even the day before the order bank goes live.....ford needs to do better. This isn't good for dealers or customers.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
My local ford store was willing to sell me one at MSRP but their only allocation was given away to an exiting order. I had to call around and other dealers were selling allocations for 10-25k over list. I found someone willing to part with an allocation for 5k over, I don't like it but its not unreasonable considering the times we live in. I was down there today and put in an order for a regular bronco before today's deadline ( march 7th ) and I should be able to convert it tomorrow if they have enough allocation. It's still a gamble as no one seems to know how many allocations they will have, even the day before the order bank goes live.....ford needs to do better. This isn't good for dealers or customers.

It's always been like this. It was similar to the F150 Raptors when they first came out.

BroncoZilla

Reaction score

Do you mean by the existing order, that it was a golden ticket holder?

TheRockyGinger27

Reaction score
Agree, i would pay $5k over.. just got asked to pay $50k over by one dealer and $30k over at another. Pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered... good luck!

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Agree, i would pay $5k over.. just got asked to pay $50k over by one dealer and $30k over at another. Pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered... good luck!
This is mind blowing that these dealers are so greedy with these. I am all about taking advantage of making $ on a mark up, but not a 40-50%+ one. Sad

raptorusmaximus

Reaction score
Do you mean by the existing order, that it was a golden ticket holder?
My dealer was willing to sell me one of their allocations so they had me put a wildtrak order in a few days before the raptor order banks opened on march 8th. Then on march 8th they updated it to a raptor. If what I read is true and production for 2022 was capped in early febuary I expect mine will be a 2023 by the time it's built. They did sign the contract for 5k over msrp though, so I've got that locked in.

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
My dealer was willing to sell me one of their allocations so they had me put a wildtrak order in a few days before the raptor order banks opened on march 8th. Then on march 8th they updated it to a raptor. If what I read is true and production for 2022 was capped in early febuary I expect mine will be a 2023 by the time it's built. They did sign the contract for 5k over msrp though, so I've got that locked in.
Are you happy with that then?

MR88

Reaction score

How come you just ordered the normal Bronco and not the Raptor right off the bat?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
There's a difference between being happy and accepting reality. 5K was where I drew the line, and its still less than a jeep 392 (although I could of gotten one of those in a few months.)

I'd be happy with $5k over aswell. In the light of how much dealers are charging for ADMs, $5k isnt that bad. Still it sucks they would even charge anything as you ordered it and they do nothing be take delivery, do a few hours or pre tests and its yours.

59panhead

Reaction score
Same here, I have no problem with msrp, dealers have to make money. I don't have any need for another vehicle, but, I may want one...lol.
Funny, dealers weren’t hearing “dealers have to make money” when supply out paced demand. I know dealers were selling F150 Raptors close to invoice a few years ago. MSRP means Manufacture Suggested Retail Price…….note the word SUGGESTED.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Funny, dealers weren’t hearing “dealers have to make money” when supply out paced demand. I know dealers were selling F150 Raptors close to invoice a few years ago. MSRP means Manufacture Suggested Retail Price…….note the word SUGGESTED.

Welcome to the forum. Isn't MSRP sent from Ford to the dealerships? I don't think dealers can pit ther own suggested price on a vehicle without Ford chimming in on it first.

Turning Blue

Reaction score
I don't get your point. Dealers were making money then. They always make money on every sale. However, they will not line their pockets with ADM from me. I'll donate to a charitable cause before I'll donate to greedy dealers. However, you and anyone else may do whatever you want with your money.

TRW22

Reaction score

Ford dealers have always added in ADMs with every Gen raptor made when they would first come out. I remember GEN1 raptors where supposed to be a very limited production and the first raptors sold where crazy money. Of course it all calmed down, but this happens every time a new Gen comes out, even before covid.

TRW22

Reaction score

That is crazy, and the sad thing is, you left but someone else probably came right after and took that deal. Did you ever get a order in for a Raptor?

JOPO

Reaction score
Did you end up getting one ?

jzweedyk

Reaction score
The suggested price is a Federal thing. However it is only suggested, dealers can sell over and under that price. That price is to give the general public an idea what the manufacture thinks the selling price should be. Once the dealer buys the vehicle from Ford, they can sell it for whatever they want.

59panhead

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Isn't MSRP sent from Ford to the dealerships? I don't think dealers can pit ther own suggested price on a vehicle without Ford chimming in on it first.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

50px-Question_book-new.svg.png
The list price, also known as the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP), or the recommended retail price (RRP), or the suggested retail price (SRP) of a product is the price at which its manufacturer notionally recommends that a retailer sell the product.
Suggested pricing methods may conflict with competition theory, as they allow prices to be set higher than would be established by supply and demand. Resale price maintenance—fixing prices—goes further than suggesting prices, and is illegal in many countries.
Retailers may charge less than the suggested retail price, depending upon the actual wholesale cost of each item, usually purchased in bulk from the manufacturer, or in smaller quantities through a distributor. The suggested price is sometimes unrealistically high, so the seller can appear to be offering a discount.
List price often cannot be compared directly internationally as products may differ in detail, sometimes due to different regulations, and list prices may or may not include taxes.

CRC

Reaction score
Congrats on getting your Gen 3!
I ordered a Gen 3 waited 8 months and it was delivered as a 35 package , I ordered a 37 PP . I didn’t take the Gen3 . I have a Gen 2 so I kept it and now looking for a Bronco Raptor

CRC

Reaction score
I'd be happy with $5k over aswell. In the light of how much dealers are charging for ADMs, $5k isnt that bad. Still it sucks they would even charge anything as you ordered it and they do nothing be take delivery, do a few hours or pre tests and its yours.
Are we talking 5k for a Bronco ? I would do 10k for a Bronco Raptor if I could find one . Just being honest don’t beat me up to bad. I really don’t like the idea of ADM but with the current situation I can live with it. Hope everyone gets a deal they can live with .