Just my luck...

Nikomahs

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
So i needed to rant quick. i went to the carlisle ford nationals this past weekend ONLY to see the Raptor and i worked on both friday and saturday so i went first thing sunday morning. Got there, went through the front gate and spotted the Raptor from afar at the ford performance booth. i see a small gathering around it and i start getting super excited. i get maybe 20 feet away and some lady starts talking to me about signing up for dumb crap, after 30 seconds i turn back around and there it is, in all its glory. i look at the taillights, then the rear fender. i go down the side of the bronco and make my way to the front. there was a guy jumping into the drivers seat and im thinking to myself "hell yeah, im gunna hear it and be able to sit in it maybe". Guy starts it up (sounded like quiet mode) then backs up and leaves....i was able to see the Bronco Raptor for and entire 47 seconds. now at this point im thinking the guy is just moving to a better spot or even the main stage because it was still early morning and it wasnt parked in a great spot, just out of the way. so he backs up and i lose sight behind the trailer he went around. I started walking around the area to see all the mustangs and everything. about 20 minutes go by and i still dont see the Raptor anywhere. i go back to the booth it was originally at and the lady nearby was again asking me to sign up for there stuff. so i do and i ask her if she knew where the raptor was and she asked the booth guys and they said "oh yeah he left, hes gone you just missed him, left for another show".......Soooooo i was able to see the Raptor for an entire 47 seconds, my date keeps getting pushed back and everyday that goes by interest rates go up, gas goes up, economy looks worse and im getting convinced it is just not meant to be. just one thing after another.....BUT, itll be worth it so im here to stay. I understand i was "lucky" to see it that long as some have yet to see it in person but it still sucked to drive 2 hours to see 1 thing and not be able to really see it at all. it was so quick i barely even remember it happening at all, hell i didnt even have time to pull my phone out for a picture. ANYWAYYY, rant over thanks for reading my words on a screen. Have a great day everybody!

Rick

Reaction score
So i needed to rant quick. i went to the carlisle ford nationals this past weekend ONLY to see the Raptor and i worked on both friday and saturday so i went first thing sunday morning. Got there, went through the front gate and spotted the Raptor from afar at the ford performance booth. i see a small gathering around it and i start getting super excited. i get maybe 20 feet away and some lady starts talking to me about signing up for dumb crap, after 30 seconds i turn back around and there it is, in all its glory. i look at the taillights, then the rear fender. i go down the side of the bronco and make my way to the front. there was a guy jumping into the drivers seat and im thinking to myself "hell yeah, im gunna hear it and be able to sit in it maybe". Guy starts it up (sounded like quiet mode) then backs up and leaves....i was able to see the Bronco Raptor for and entire 47 seconds. now at this point im thinking the guy is just moving to a better spot or even the main stage because it was still early morning and it wasnt parked in a great spot, just out of the way. so he backs up and i lose sight behind the trailer he went around. I started walking around the area to see all the mustangs and everything. about 20 minutes go by and i still dont see the Raptor anywhere. i go back to the booth it was originally at and the lady nearby was again asking me to sign up for there stuff. so i do and i ask her if she knew where the raptor was and she asked the booth guys and they said "oh yeah he left, hes gone you just missed him, left for another show".......Soooooo i was able to see the Raptor for an entire 47 seconds, my date keeps getting pushed back and everyday that goes by interest rates go up, gas goes up, economy looks worse and im getting convinced it is just not meant to be. just one thing after another.....BUT, itll be worth it so im here to stay. I understand i was "lucky" to see it that long as some have yet to see it in person but it still sucked to drive 2 hours to see 1 thing and not be able to really see it at all. it was so quick i barely even remember it happening at all, hell i didnt even have time to pull my phone out for a picture. ANYWAYYY, rant over thanks for reading my words on a screen. Have a great day everybody!
This reminds me of dating when I was a teenager….so close!

raptorusmaximus

Reaction score
just like other mystical beasts...unicorn, bigfoot, the lochness monster etc.....a quick glimpse and its gone.....and then no one believes you actually saw one...

Last edited:

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
That’s an absolute tease! That’s like double down in blackjack and getting 20 and then the dealer pulls a 7 card 21!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score

Man that stinks. Atleast you got the 47 secs. Most of us haven't even seen it in person yet.

So we're you happy with everything about it from the 47 secs you saw it?

BRAndrew

Reaction score
That sucks! I saw one driving here but it had the covering on it. Had to be a Raptor because of the size. I jumped in my truck to follow it but couldn’t find it. Wonder if it being delivered or it was a dealers?

OP
OP
N

Nikomahs

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
Man that stinks. Atleast you got the 47 secs. Most of us haven't even seen it in person yet.

So we're you happy with everything about it from the 47 secs you saw it?
honestly it was truly hard to tell. the front is perfect, everything from the grill to the stance and the way aesthetically its designed just screams Raptor. the taillights are super cool in person and it is true what they say the flares arent as bad in person but still quite in you face but when you look from behind and you see just how wide it is, you understand and appreciate them a bit more. overall, i was too hyped to see it and when i didnt get to like i wanted too i felt like i was kicked in the gut. and it really has nothing to do with the vehicle itself, its just the whole situation around it. even with a build date it feels like ill never get it so i was disappointed. but again, nothing on the vehicle itself. its badass overall.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
honestly it was truly hard to tell. the front is perfect, everything from the grill to the stance and the way aesthetically its designed just screams Raptor. the taillights are super cool in person and it is true what they say the flares arent as bad in person but still quite in you face but when you look from behind and you see just how wide it is, you understand and appreciate them a bit more. overall, i was too hyped to see it and when i didnt get to like i wanted too i felt like i was kicked in the gut. and it really has nothing to do with the vehicle itself, its just the whole situation around it. even with a build date it feels like ill never get it so i was disappointed. but again, nothing on the vehicle itself. its badass overall.

Were you the only one that was shocked it took off like it did? Seems it wasn't there long.

OP
OP
N

Nikomahs

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
Were you the only one that was shocked it took off like it did? Seems it wasn't there long.
i believe it was there friday and saturday which are the only 2 days really worth going to the show, sunday is pack up and leave day so the majority of people i think got to see it but to answer your question yeah, besides the actual booth people everyone was a little shocked it left when it did.

Grey Goose

Reaction score

Dude! I'd be bummed for sure! So you thought the fenders weren't bad?

JOPO

Reaction score
How did you find a show that the Raptor was at?

OP
OP
N

Nikomahs

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
Dude! I'd be bummed for sure! So you thought the fenders weren't bad?
they are for sure the first thing you notice but ya in person the flares seem fine to me at least. ya its alot of "plastic" but once you see just how wide the Raptor is you understand it better and then it looks fine

OP
OP
N

Nikomahs

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
How did you find a show that the Raptor was at?
i just checked the carlisle ford nationals listing of vendors and seen ford was bringing it. but thats a big show, some of your smaller local ones might not have it listed

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
they are for sure the first thing you notice but ya in person the flares seem fine to me at least. ya its alot of "plastic" but once you see just how wide the Raptor is you understand it better and then it looks fine
Good to know. Wasn’t too sure on how the fenders looked in person.