Ford halts production of F-150's, Broncos, Explorers, etc.

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this would have to halt the Bronco Raptor production too, right? Doesn't say in the article about the BR, but one would assume its the trickle down affect šŸ˜©

Ford Motor is cutting production next week of several key products due to an ongoing global shortage of semiconductor chips.

The automaker on Friday confirmed production downtime next week for the Ford Bronco and Explorer SUVs; the Ford F-150 and Ranger pickups; the Ford Mustang Mach-E electric crossover; and the Lincoln Aviator SUV at plants in Michigan, Illinois, Missouri and Mexico due to the parts shortage. The automaker also is cutting some productions of the F-150 and Ford Transit cargo vans at plants in Michigan and Missouri.

The cuts signal the chip shortage that devastated the auto industry last year continues to linger. They come a day after Ford significantly missed Wall Streetā€™s earnings expectations due to lower-than-expected production caused by the supply chain issues, causing shares to tumble 9.7% on Friday.

ā€œThe global semiconductor shortage continues to affect Fordā€™s North American plants ā€“ along with automakers and other industries around the world,ā€ Ford said in an emailed statement. ā€œBehind the scenes, we have teams working on how to maximize production, with a continued commitment to building every high-demand vehicle for our customers with the quality they expect.ā€

bulldog17

Reaction score
Between chip, normal production delays and outrageous adms, It looks like I'll be in my 17 Frap for a while longer.
I really don't need a lot of reasons to stay in this truck, I love it.

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Between chip, normal production delays and outrageous adms, It looks like I'll be in my 17 Frap for a while longer.
I really don't need a lot of reasons to stay in this truck, I love it.
Lol. Yep. No need to overpay for a new vehicle if you are happy with the one you have. Plus, what is the market gonna look like by summer time? We may see an influx of vehicles to choose from. Or we maybe worse off. So hard to figure out what to think these days!

funkified

Reaction score
Lol. Yep. No need to overpay for a new vehicle if you are happy with the one you have. Plus, what is the market gonna look like by summer time? We may see an influx of vehicles to choose from. Or we maybe worse off. So hard to figure out what to think these days!
Yup happy with my gen1 and the other v8's I have in my garage. Def glad I am not playing this game with a new purchase. At this point it appears there is no end in sight to shortages and ADM's. Seems like its the new normal, but I hope that it isnt.

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Yup happy with my gen1 and the other v8's I have in my garage. Def glad I am not playing this game with a new purchase. At this point it appears there is no end in sight to shortages and ADM's. Seems like its the new normal, but I hope that it isnt.
I'm with ya. SO glad we have reliable vehicles in my household and not having to seeking a new ride (even though I really want something new!). On top of that, I couldn't imagine people trying to buy a house in this market either. Sad to see families that are outbid by investment groups, etc. Don't see that slowing down anytime soon either!

TRW22

Reaction score
Not shocked by this at all. Surprised they even tried pushing anything new with all the issues they are having with delays on everything.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I heard this could continue to the end of the year. That most 2022 will be pushed back to 2023... :(