Bronco Raptor or Bronco Warthog?

funkified

Reaction score
I wrote up a blurb there on my thoughts, but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears lol. The gist was If that if theyre trying to create a halo brand/name then this it is not unlike what Honda did with the Type-R name. Apply it to a vehicle that purposely built and is largely different from its lower standard models.

The true dilution comes from giving those lesser models packages that are called a very similar thing. BMW has M/M-performance, Mercedes has AMG/AMG appearance (or performance?), Audi has RS/S-Line, Lexus has F/F-sport. Those names are all derivatives of their best performing lines. To a lay person, they couldnt tell the difference 9/10 as one of those cars passes by.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I wrote up a blurb there on my thoughts, but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears lol. The gist was If that if theyre trying to create a halo brand/name then this it is not unlike what Honda did with the Type-R name. Apply it to a vehicle that purposely built and is largely different from its lower standard models.

The true dilution comes from giving those lesser models packages that are called a very similar thing. BMW has M/M-performance, Mercedes has AMG/AMG appearance (or performance?), Audi has RS/S-Line, Lexus has F/F-sport. Those names are all derivatives of their best performing lines. To a lay person, they couldnt tell the difference 9/10 as one of those cars passes by.

True. I have no problem with the using the raptor name as a trim/suspension model. I think alot are upset now that the F150 is not the only one with the name plate. I honestly did not like the warthog name and glad they went with the raptor. Just fits better.

funkified

Reaction score
True. I have no problem with the using the raptor name as a trim/suspension model. I think alot are upset now that the F150 is not the only one with the name plate. I honestly did not like the warthog name and glad they went with the raptor. Just fits better.
Ill agree with that! The Ranger raptor is coming to the US for 2023 too I think, so expect to see more Raptor products on the road

LuckyKnuckle36

Reaction score
Agree, not a fan of the warthog name. I'm good with Raptor name on the Bronco because it is truly offroad worthy, beefed up frame, suspension etc. I agree, it's not some appearance package that would be blasphemy. It's a badass offroad capable package for high speed baja which is the heart of the F150 Raptor. So as long as they keep it legit I'm good. I do however understand the perspective that when you say Raptor it means an F150 Raptor and now it's maybe a Ranger or a Bronco and you have to add the additional tag. That part I get the disappointment...

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Not a fan of warthog name, like the sweathogs from welcome back Koter.
Agree, not a fan of the warthog name. I'm good with Raptor name on the Bronco because it is truly offroad worthy, beefed up frame, suspension etc. I agree, it's not some appearance package that would be blasphemy. It's a badass offroad capable package for high speed baja which is the heart of the F150 Raptor. So as long as they keep it legit I'm good. I do however understand the perspective that when you say Raptor it means an F150 Raptor and now it's maybe a Ranger or a Bronco and you have to add the additional tag. That part I get the disappointment...
Same here. Not sure why, but the Warthog name reminds me of the Harry Potter Movies. I know its Hogwarts, but it always makes me think the movies/books. 🧙‍♂️

funkified

Reaction score
Same here. Not sure why, but the Warthog name reminds me of the Harry Potter Movies. I know its Hogwarts, but it always makes me think the movies/books. 🧙‍♂️
its funny how one word can trigger things in different people. All the talk about the Bluecruise not being in the 22' FRaptor triggers the kids show Blue's Clues (late 90's to mid 2000's). I have no idea why, cause i was way too old to watch it when it was around lol

Speaking of Harry Potter/wizards, I find it funny that Ram has a model called Warlock

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
its funny how one word can trigger things in different people. All the talk about the Bluecruise not being in the 22' FRaptor triggers the kids show Blue's Clues (late 90's to mid 2000's). I have no idea why, cause i was way too old to watch it when it was around lol

Speaking of Harry Potter/wizards, I find it funny that Ram has a model called Warlock
Haha! I would no doubt say the same thing with that Bluecruise to Blue's Clues!

Gotta have War to make it look indestructible. lol

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score

Exactly saw the same thing...blue clues. Haha!

DRJ.Raptor

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
I like the name Raptor for the Bronco Raptor. I am an f150 Raptor owner as well and take no offense as long as it has all of the Raptor characteristics added that make it a Raptor. The Bronco Raptor appears to be a badass offroad machine that fully lives up to the name Raptor in my opinion.

funkified

Reaction score
I like the name Raptor for the Bronco Raptor. I am an f150 Raptor owner as well and take no offense as long as it has all of the Raptor characteristics added that make it a Raptor. The Bronco Raptor appears to be a badass offroad machine that fully lives up to the name Raptor in my opinion.
agreed! its purpose built and has the same DNA

Fordfreek

Reaction score
I'm disappointed that they went out of their way to come up with all new trim package names for the bronco until the Broncos raptor. If they had went with f150 trim names to begin with, that'd be fine. Its kinda like they got lazy and said fuckit, just call it Broncos raptor. Just expected something more original. But I also get why they went with the raptor name. When you go so far as to put a unique frame under it, it falls in the same category as the raptor. Alot more than a "trim" package.