AWE Single Side Exit OFG Catback Exhaust

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score

AWE released this exhaust for the 2.3l and 2.71 Bronco. Nothing specified for the Bronco Raptor yet, but would assume this aftermarket exhaust would be somewhat similar to this one.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score

AWE released this exhaust for the 2.3l and 2.71 Bronco. Nothing specified for the Bronco Raptor yet, but would assume this aftermarket exhaust would be somewhat similar to this one.

I wish they made it come out the back like the f150s. I hope someone develops it that way rather then the side.

TRW22

Reaction score

I kind of like where they locate the pipe.

Turning Blue

Reaction score
I kind of like where they locate the pipe.
I think it's fine for street use, but if you plan to do any serious rock crawling, which a 2door Bronco will be best at, it WILL get crushed...lol. I did some moderate stuff with my Raptor in Utah, and slightly dinged the bottom of one of my Corsa tips.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I think it's fine for street use, but if you plan to do any serious rock crawling, which a 2door Bronco will be best at, it WILL get crushed...lol. I did some moderate stuff with my Raptor in Utah, and slightly dinged the bottom of one of my Corsa tips.

Do you feel a 2 door will to a better job in rock crawling then a 4 door?

Turning Blue

Reaction score
For extreme rock crawling it will. However most BRaptor owners, just like most Wrangler owners, won't do anything too extreme...lol. The 4dr is a better option for nearly everything else.

jzweedyk

Reaction score
I have had 2 door Jeeps and 4 door Jeeps. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. The 4 door is better at climbing tall obstacles, and staying under control on steep descents, also handles washboard trails better. The two door is much more maneuverable and lighter. Ford did it's homework and made it's 2 door 2 inches longer wheelbase and the 4 door 2 inches shorter than the Jeep Wrangler. Most buggys are around 108-110" wheelbase, which is considered ideal. I wanted a 2 door Braptor, but will settle for the 4 door which will give me more cargo space. I do wish they brought out the longer wheelbase 2 door like Jeep had in the JL (2005-2007) which model now old, is worth more than new because of the ideal wheelbase. My 2 cents.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I have had 2 door Jeeps and 4 door Jeeps. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. The 4 door is better at climbing tall obstacles, and staying under control on steep descents, also handles washboard trails better. The two door is much more maneuverable and lighter. Ford did it's homework and made it's 2 door 2 inches longer wheelbase and the 4 door 2 inches shorter than the Jeep Wrangler. Most buggys are around 108-110" wheelbase, which is considered ideal. I wanted a 2 door Braptor, but will settle for the 4 door which will give me more cargo space. I do wish they brought out the longer wheelbase 2 door like Jeep had in the JL (2005-2007) which model now old, is worth more than new because of the ideal wheelbase. My 2 cents.

So I take it you have done alot of rock crawling? Any pics of you in action if you have?

jzweedyk

Reaction score
About 5 thousand pictures.
Trail 2.jpg

jzweedyk

Reaction score
I am past the "prove I can do it" routine. I no longer do the super tough trails. Mostly we do it for scenery and I do enjoy driving and the challenge of picking the right line. Also, it is just a lot of fun. That is why most of the time I take the RZR, because you can do everything faster and it rides better. I have always driven fast. It is rare I get passed on the trail by a vehicle that is in the same class as mine. Motorcycles are fastest, RZRs are next, Jeeps/Broncos and then everything else. For me, that is the fun part. The other day we took the Raptor down a desert trail and I hit 65 mph, smiling the whole way.

As far as rolling the Jeep, I am not allowed to do that. When I had it built and put a ton of money into it, the only thing my wife said was I am not allowed to roll it. :cool: